Mark E. Chesen
Mark E. Chesen is a founding partner and Managing Director of SSG Capital Advisors. Mark is a prominent leader in the restructuring industry with over 25 years of experience advising businesses facing operational or financial challenges including bankruptcy proceedings. He has completed over 100 investment banking transactions involving the sale, private placement or financial restructuring of middle market companies in the North America and Europe. Prior to founding SSG, he held senior leadership positions including co-head of the investment banking group, head of the Special Situations Group and member of the management committee at Berwind Financial.
Past clients include publicly traded, privately held, private equity sponsored and family owned companies across diverse industries. Mark is a respected speaker and expert on financial restructuring topics. He has conducted over 50 presentations and authored numerous articles on special situation mergers and acquisitions, capital raises, valuations and financial restructurings.
Mark is a member of the Young Presidents’ Organization, the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Association for Corporate Growth and the Turnaround Management Association.
- University of Texas in Austin, B.S.
Select engagements that Mark has been involved with include:
Nighthawk Energy plc
DFW Grating, Inc.
Vander-Bend Manufacturing, LLC
New England Orthotic & Prosthetic Systems, LLC
New England Orthotic & Prosthetic Systems, LLC.
CHI St. Luke’s Health Emergency Center, LLC
United Road Towing, Inc.
Essex Crane Rental Corp.
Frac Specialists, LLC
KARLEE Company, Inc.
Forest Park Medical Center at Fort Worth, LLC
ITG Communications, LLC
- Restructuring Options for Oil Field Service Companies
- Alternative Capital Providers for Oilfield Service Companies
- Resiliency and Strategy: The Keys to a Great Comeback
- Surviving Industry Turbulence: Know your Capital Options
- CRO Roundtable:Navigating Financial and Operational Challenges
- Stockpiled Cash, Buyer Interest Bode Well For Distressed M&A
- Preventive Maintenance by Private Equity Funds Can Provide More Options When Portfolio Companies Fall Short
- New Book On Investment Banking Features Chapter by Mark Chesen